What are the Benefits of VS721 BOTTOM COAT vs Paint?
Skipper Ask The Skipper
Ralph Edwards asked:
Please let us know about your bottom wax products versus painting the bottom of the boat.
The benefits of using Aurora VS721 Bottom Coat instead of painting are many.
Some of them are:
- Works in salt and fresh water.
- Use on power, sail, trailered boats.
- Protection against algae, barnacles and zebra mussels.
- Less cost.
- Easier application.
- No sanding or scraping.
- No toxins or poisons to deal with.
- Environment friendly.
- Inert and stable, up to 145 mph.
- No environmental concerns when applying or cleaning.
- Won’t harm fish or other marine life.
- Reduces spread of non-indigenous species from one body of water to another.
- No present or future regulatory concerns to deal with.
- You can DIY (Do It Yourself) without a permit or regulatory training.
- No government restrictions.
- Clear coating allows you to see the condition of your hull at all times without stripping away the paint.
- Osmosis protection.
- Higher top speed.
- Better acceleration.
- Reduced fuel consumption.
- Quicker and easier hole shots.
- Better light air performance for sailboats.
- Reduced kiting and crashing on performance powerboats.
- Improved handling.
- Inert, will not rub or slough off into the water trailer or slings.
- Easier to launch and haul trailered boats.
- Safer when people are swimming near your boat.
- Improved appearance, brilliant shine, clear coating will not change the color of you hull, increased value when you sell or trade your boat.
- Easier clean up at the end of the season.
- Apply to all surfaces below the waterline without concerns about galvanic action.
- Safe to use on aluminum boats.
You can get more product, prep and application information in the catalog section on our website: www.auroramarine.com
Thanks for your question,
The Skipper Recommends:
- Will VS721 prevent green slime build up on boat hulls.
- Removing Algae without damaging antifouling paint
- How many gallons of VS721 for a 38 ft. center console?
- What are the Benefits of VS721 BOTTOM COAT vs Paint?
- How much Green Genie is required to clean a 23ft Chaparral?
- Product Coverage?
- Where Can I Buy Aurora Boat Care Products?
- How Much VS721 and Algae Strip do I need?
- Aurora Products Safe to Use on Painted Surfaces?
- Where Can I Find out More About How to Use Products?