How Much VS721 and Algae Strip do I need?
Greg Hastie asked:
I can’t find any information regarding how much surface area Algae Strip and VS721 Bottom Coat should cover on average to know how much to purchase. Can you provide this information.
For your convenience, I’ve highlighted the hyperlinks. Click on the hyperlink to get more information about the selected product.
Coverage on VS721 is about 400 sq ft and you need 2 coats so one bottle will do about a 24 ft boat. The amount of Algae Strip is dependant on the amount and type and age of the growth plus the size of the boat. Barnacles will require much more product to remove than algae and heavy old growth will require more than fresh light growth or stains. One bottle should be enough to remove light growth from a 20 to 25 ft boat. Barnacles could take 3 to 4 bottles for the same size boat.
Thanks for your question
The Skipper Recommends:
- Product Coverage?
- How much Green Genie is required to clean a 23ft Chaparral?
- How many gallons of VS721 for a 38 ft. center console?
- What is the Prep for Kwik Shine?
- What products do I need to seriously clean my 27 ft. cruiser?
- Is 2 Gals of Alumabrite CBX enough to brighten 25 ft. Pontoon?
- How To Reapply Sure Step
- How Much Waterline Stain Remover Do I Need for a 22 ft?
- Aurora Products Safe to Use on Painted Surfaces?
- How Do I Restore The Chalky Gelcoat On My Boat?