Find Out How Dave Got Shiny Pontoons
Attached is a close-up picture of what I started with and some final pictures. I really like the one that has the reflection of the propane tank.
I started with Algex to remove the marine growth and then buffed them with Alumabuff. I waited until this April and washed them with Boat Clean Plus to clean and degrease. I applied 4 thin coats of the Alumetron and then finished with VS721.
This is a process that takes more that one day. First you need to clean off the algae, then buff out the stains and streaks, then wash the pontoons, then protect them with Alumetron and finally apply the VS721 anti-fouling. Basically, a complete restoration. The more time you take the better the results. However, if this saves the cleanup time at the end of the year and one does not have to do this again for 5 years it’s well worth the effort. Plus, they look great. My only wish is that I would have done this when the boat was new. It would have saved a lot of time and effort and been much easier.
Now I shall wait the final 48 hours and launch on Sunday.
The Skipper Recommends: