Boat Cleaning Products for my 27′ Cobalt Bowrider
Chuck Scott asked:
Hello, I spoke with a gentleman today regarding some boat cleaning products for my 27′ Cobalt bowrider boat.
Is this the order in which to go about using the 3 products that I will be getting?
- Remove water spots
- Apply boat scrub after water spot are removed
- Use the premium boat shine after the boat scrub
- At the end of the boating day, use the kwik shine to wipe the boat down
How frequent and what is the best method for applying these 3 products?
I believe you mentioned that the kwik shine is sprayed on and wiped off by hand at the end of the boating day. Are the other two products used at the beginning and end of the boating season and is a DA machine recommended with the boat scrub and premium boat shine?
I also ordered the boat clean plus. How and when would you use this product along with the Boat Scrub, Boat Shine and Kwik Shine?
Thank you again, I’m looking forward to these arriving to start applying them.
For your convenience, I’ve highlighted the hyperlinks. Click on the hyperlink to get more information about the selected product.
Use Boat Clean Plus to wash your boat before using Boat Scrub. This will remove surface pollutants, dirt and grime so that it doesn’t get ground into the pores when using Boat Scrub. It’s a concentrated, water activated product so you can spray it onto a wet surface for maximum effectiveness and minimal product use for greatest effectiveness. You can also use it after polishing as a boat wash. A fine mist onto a wet surface is all that is required to clean your boat without striping the polish. It’s also effective as a spot cleaner for difficult dirt and grime such as blood, pet urine, red wine on soft surfaces, bird droppings etc.
Your approach is what I would follow.
Yes, Boat Scrub and Premium Boat Shine should be used at the beginning and end of the season and Kwik Shine at the end of the boating period or every few days. I think that in most cases, a wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth will remove the spots from the Kwik Shine protected surface. All conditions are a bit different so you will need to experiment a little to find the right repeat time period for your boat.
All of these products can be used by hand. Our Marine Power Mitt is a popular accessory for use with Boat Scrub.
Thanks for your question,
The Skipper Recommends:
- How to remove old wax and dried on haze from Premium Boat Shine
- What products do I need to protect my new fiberglass boat?
- How to Remove Paint Overspray on Gelcoat, Nonskid Deck, and Ising Glass
- Boat Cleaning Products for my 27′ Cobalt Bowrider
- Product Coverage?
- Where Can I Buy Aurora Boat Care Products?
- What is shelf life of product?
- Aurora Products Safe to Use on Painted Surfaces?
- Where Can I Find out More About How to Use Products?